The Ring Encore – presented by Trek Bicycle Leederville
The Ring returns for one final race. The Ring Summer Criterium Series has been been described as the best thing to happen in WA cycling in more than 20 years, the popularity of series has seen some of the state’s best riders take part in the 12 round series. It’s not all about A grade racing, with new racers and children all warmly welcomed to the fun and inclusive environment of the Ring.
For one day only the Ring will be welcomed to the streets of Leederville. Help us make the Ring (Encore) the thing on Sunday, 9th April.
Confirmed Race Program
||C grade women (C Grade: 25mins)
||D grade men (D Grade: 25mins + 1 lap)
||C grade men (30mins + 2 laps)
||Womens A grade (40mins + 2 laps) and B grade women (30mins + 2 laps)
||B grade men (40mins + 2 laps)
||Little Critters (30mins)
||A grade men (50mins + 2 laps)
||Ring Series Championship Presentations
- Minimum of 10 riders are required for a graded race to continue as per the program as a single race. If less than 10 riders the race will:
- Change start times and race program
- Be combined with another grade of the same sex on the course at the same time, but a separate start, for example 30 seconds apart.
- Results will be for each grade
Key dates – what you need to know
Thursday 6th April midnight
- Online entries only- entry closes
- Multi grade racing A to E. Minimum of 10 riders are required for a race to continue as per the program as a single grade race
Saturday 8th April
- Registration at Trek cycles Leederville 12 to 4pm number and tag pick up
Sunday 9th April
- Parking at Loftus Street recreation Centre
- Club and sponsor tents welcome in designated areas, booking required.
- 12.30 first race Leederville
- Prepare in the “Muster point” outside Pincho’s Tapas Bar.10 minutes before your race time.
- Race against normal traffic flow and turn left
- Race for the shouting crowd.
- Finish and head back to the south of Oxford Street
- Hand your timing chips and numbers in at the end of the race – near Greens and Co Café
- $50 lost transponder or lost number fee
About Trek Bicycle Leederville
About Trek Bicycle Leederville
The Ring Encore is proud to welcome Trek Bicycle Leederville as it’s presenting partner for one very special day of racing on Sunday, 9th April.
Trek Bicycle Leederville is committed to helping its customers enjoy cycling and providing an amazing in-store experience.
• Love it or we will take it back
• Price Match Guarantee on Trek, Bontrager or Electra
• 24 Hour Service commitment
• Full Warranty
Join in the action of the Ring Encore presented by Trek Bicycle Leederville and pop in to the store’s Grand Opening Weekend, April 8 & 9 between 9am-5pm. Come see the newly renovated store on Oxford Street and meet the expert staff —Aussie cycling star Jack Bobridge, manager KP and mechanic Matt!
Special pricing all weekend and awesome prizes to be won:
• 2x $200 Bontrager Gift Vouchers! Automatic entry if you visit the store. One drawn at 2pm each day.
• $1000 Bike credit! Simply post a photo of the store on Facebook during the weekend with the tag #trekbicycleleederville for your chance to win.
Little Critters Encore
The Ring Encore is a great opportunity to get your kids into racing. Little Critters is a free ride for children aged 15 years and under around the Oxford Street circuit and will be held at 3:30pm between the B Men and A Women’s race. Little Critters ride for FREE and receive a number plate for their bike to keep. The Little Critters ride is supervised by parents and coaches.
The Ring Encore is set to be a huge day on the cycling calendar, with over 1,000 spectators and racers to descend on Leederville. To ensure your little ones spot on the start line of the Little Critters kids ride please register HERE
Little Critters Terms and Conditions are available at: Ring Encore Little Critters terms
Notice of Road Closures – SUNDAY 9th APRIL 2017
The Ring Encore Presented by Trek Bicycle Leederville is being held on Oxford Street in Leederville on Sunday 9th April 2017.
Running times of the event will be:
Sunday 9th April 2017
Racing commences at 12:30pm and concludes at 6:00pm
Road closures / traffic management
Closures shall be implemented between 12:00PM – 6:30PM. During the event, local traffic will not be provided access to the event area. The only vehicles that can enter the closures are emergency services if deemed necessary. Traffic controllers are to monitor nearby driveways and properties to ensure traffic does not egress into the event area. Carr Place access & egress will be maintained by traffic controllers.
This traffic management plan involves closing sections of Vincent Street, Newcastle Street & Oxford Street to accommodate the cycle race event through Leederville.
The cyclist route will start on Oxford Street north from the Newcastle intersection, they will make a 180 degree turn before Melrose Street, they will turn left on Newcastle Street up to Carr Place intersection and travel back to Oxford Street again.
Vincent Street will be closed between the Mitchell Freeway on/off ramp / Leederville Parade intersection & Loftus Street. Eastbound traffic shall be informed to follow the detour via Leederville Parade. Westbound traffic shall be detoured south onto Loftus Street and right onto Leederville Parade.
Newcastle Street will be closed between Oxford Street & Loftus Street. Westbound traffic shall be detoured southbound onto Loftus Street and onto Leederville Parade. No detour will be necessary for eastbound traffic as Oxford Street will be closed.
Oxford Street will be closed between Melrose Street & Leederville Parade. Southbound traffic shall be detoured around the closure via Richmond Street & Loftus Street. No detour shall be provided for northbound traffic as it is a ‘T’ junction and there is no direct approach. Local traffic shall be allowed access & egress at Melrose Street.
There will be a dedicated event control number for the day of the event. The number is 0404 235 623.
Any enquiries or concerns regarding the event prior to 9th April may be directed to WestCycle on 6336 9688 or email@example.com