Come take part in the “New Racer” program at the Ring Summer Criterium Series.
Criterium (“Crit”) racing is multi lap circuit race and a fun way to start bicycle racing. The session will give you the confidence for your first race.
The program will help you go from new to racing to your first race, or even brush up a rusty rider. Female coaches will be available at each event and welcome female riders in our mixed gender program. It’s a small group of adults and the race course is all yours.
Exercise Institute support this program with their professional coaches. They ride regularly, coach riders of all abilities and are looking out for you. They will take 12 riders maximum for each coach. They have professional coaching services available if you want to take your bike riding further.
What you will learn during the session:
- Group riding etiquette
- Holding a wheel
- Cornering with others
- Basic race tactics
- What to expect in a Criterium
How it works:
- Pre Race
- Buy your “New Racer” ticket online before the event ($25 regional / $35 metro – your race registration is included in this price)
- Select a race grade for the event- C or D grade only
- Race Day- attend your “ New racer” session
- 7:15am Go to the Registration desk and register.
- 7:30am Go to the “ New racer” meeting point. Look for the New Racer flags near the Registration desk and meet your Coach.
- “New Racer” development session on the race Course
- 8.00am Session finishes
- Race your chosen Grade- C or D grade *
- See your coach afterwards for some feedback
*Our Coaches will advise you on your selected Grade. They may advise you to change grades based on your skills, experience and Race riding abilities.